Beyond the obvious elements such as location, size, bedroom and bath count, there are other factors that can affect how quickly your home will sell. Listed below are 9 very important factors that will help sell your home for the highest price, and in the least amount of time!
- Curb Appeal: Realtors named curb appeal the #1 factor affecting the amount of time a home is on the market. (Zillow study)
- Local School Ratings: Homes linked to good schools sell faster and at a premium. In one study, one in five buyers said they’d pay 6% to 10% above their budget for the right school. (Realtor.com survey)
- Move-in Condition: Homes that can be marketed as move-in condition sell 12% faster. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Quality Photos: Homes that were marketed with professional photos sold faster in one study, and for $3,400 to $11,200 more than homes presented through amateur photos. (Redfin study)
- Staging: Staged homes spend 73% less time on the market than non-staged homes. (The Real Estate Staging Association)
- Virtual Tours: Adding a virtual tour to home marketing decreases sales time by 20% and increases price by 2%. (Paul Carrillo, George Washington University study)
- Design Features: According to one study, homes marketed with the following features sell anywhere from 38 to 63 days faster; farmhouse sink, subway tile, quartz, barn door, shaker cabinets, pendant lighting, exposed brick, frameless shower, stainless steel appliances, tankless water heater. (Zillow Digs study)
- Proper Pricing: Homes priced at or slightly below market value are almost 50% more likely to sell within 60 days, compared to those priced 12% or more above market value. (Zillow study)
- The Right Real Estate Agent: An experienced agent, who knows the market and has a network of potential buyers, can help sell a home 32% more quickly than an inexperienced agent. (Study by Dr. Bennie D. Waller, Longwood University)
If you are thinking of buying, selling, renting your home, or leasing real estate this year we’d love to hear from you! Working with experienced professionals can boost your profits!
Selling Your Home? Click HERE to Schedule a Free Market Analysis
Acuity Group Real Estate Professionals
564 Dodge Ave Suite A - Elk River MN 55330
Click HERE to visit us on Facebook
Thinking of Renting Out Your Home? Click HERE to Schedule a Free Rental Analysis
OUR SPECIALTIES: Residential & Commercial Seller and Buyer Services, Property Management & Residential Rentals, Residential and Commercial Investment Property Specialists, Listing & Marketing Specialists, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Experts), Short Sale Specialists, REO/Bank Owned Sales. Golf course properties, water front properties, acreage & hobby farms, vacant land, condos & townhomes, industrial/manufacturing/retail properties, association maintained properties, senior housing, luxury homes, vacation & secondary housing.
Serving the following Minneapolis Cities & Suburbs: Elk River MN, Zimmerman MN, Big Lake MN, Rogers MN, Otsego MN, St. Michael MN, Albertville MN, Princeton MN, Ramsey MN, Anoka MN, Nowthen MN, Monticello MN, Oak Grove MN, Burns Township MN, Champlin MN, Dayton MN, Hanover MN, Coon Rapids MN, Blaine MN, Fridley MN, St. Francis MN, Livonia Township, Andover MN, Becker MN, Baldwin Township, Orrock Township, Plymouth MN, Maple Grove MN, Osseo MN.
Serving the following Minnesota Counties: Sherburne, Anoka, Wright, Hennepin and portions of Isanti & Mille Lacs Counties