The large prominent newspaper ads, billboards and park bench advertising don’t always equate to the best Real Estate Agent to sell your property. Choosing the right Agent is one of the most important factors to ensure a positive outcome. An experienced Real Estate Agent will guide & direct you thru the entire home sale process from list to closing and help shoulder some of the stress that comes along with the home sale experience.
Remember, your expectations should be demanding; you’re selling one of your biggest assets!
I’ve listed 10 important tips to make sure you hire the BEST real estate agent to sell your home quickly and at the highest obtainable price:
- Good Real Estate Agents are hard workers and have a high degree of professionalism and dedication to their work. Ask for written referrals from at least two or three of their recent closed listing files. Calling these referrals is always best. Only hire an Agent with an outstanding reputation.
- Does the Agent you’re investigating appear interested and enthusiastic to list, market and sell your property? Select an enthusiastic Real Estate Agent with good suggestions and original ideas. Request to see their marketing plan in writing.
- In order to be an effective, Real Estate Agents should be working full time Agent. Buyer inquires, offers, or other issues that arise during your listing or closing will not get the proper attention if your hire a part time Agent.
- Find out how many clients are they working with at one time? If they’re serving too many clients their attention might be split and you might not get the focus you want or need.
- Ask how your Realtor will keep in touch with you during your listing. What is their plan of communication? You don’t want to fade away once you sign the bottom line. Weekly communication at a minimum is a must!
- Hire someone that will be commitment to frank, realistic dialogue about the market and your situation. Do not hire someone who tells you what you want to hear.
- Hire an experienced listing agent. Find out how many average listings they sell in a one year period. An experienced agent has acquired many good negotiating and marketing skills over their course of their career and this will be to your advantage.
- Find out if they primarily deal with buyers or sellers. Buyers can take a considerable amount of time out of an Agent’s daily schedule. Hire an Agent that focuses on listings and refers buyers to a team member or at least keeps buyer transactions to a set minimum.
- Experienced Real Estate Agents will deliver a side by side Market Comparison that establishes the rationale for their recommended list price for your property. This is based on active, pending, sold, and expired comparable properties within the last 6 months within close proximity to your home.
- Your Real Estate Agent should make a walk thru assessment of your property inside and out and make a list of suggestions, improvements and staging tips for you to address before your home goes on the market. Remember first impressions matter!
Acuity Group’s seasoned listing agents know what it takes to be a top notch selling agent and have many happy past client’s to testify of this fact! Contact us today to schedule a FREE Market Evaluation and Consultation.
Schedule your own FREE market analysis by clicking HERE.
Author: Stephanie Danielson, Broker/Co-Owner
“If you are thinking of buying, selling, renting your home, or leasing real estate this year I’d love to hear from you! Working with an experienced professional can boost your profits!”
Acuity Group Real Estate Professionals
564 Dodge Ave, Suite A Elk River, MN 55330
Office: 763-633-3535 Efax: 866-899-9201
Click HERE to visit us on Facebook
Want to know what your neighbor's home sold for? Click HERE a free report now!
ACUITY GROUP SPECIALTIES:
Property Management and Residential Rentals, Listing & Buyer Specialists, golf course properties, water front properties, acreage & hobby farms, condos & townhomes, association maintained properties, senior housing, luxury homes, vacation & secondary housing, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), Short Sale Specialist and REO sales & Investment property.
Serving the following Minneapolis Cities & Suburbs: Elk River MN, Zimmerman MN, Big Lake MN, Rogers MN, Otsego MN, St. Michael MN, Albertville MN, Princeton MN, Ramsey MN, Anoka MN, Nowthen MN, Monticello MN, Oak Grove MN, Burns Township MN, Champlin MN, Dayton MN, Hassen Township MN, Coon Rapids MN, Blaine MN, Fridley MN, St. Francis MN, Livonia Township, Andover MN, Becker MN, Baldwin Township, Orrock Township, Plymouth MN, Maple Grove MN, Osseo MN.
Serving the following Minnesota Counties: Sherburne, Anoka, Wright, Hennepin and portions of Isanti County