When you first put your house on the market, you might be hopeful for a quick sale. While you shouldn't panic if the house doesn't sell the moment you list it, you should begin to worry if months start flying by without any offers. If this is the case, here are 7 reasons you may want to consider.
- You overvalued your property. If your house is overpriced, it's simply not going to sell. To get a better idea of your true value, compare your property to similar properties that recently sold within your area.
- Your listing quality is poor. Make sure your agent adds high quality photographs of the interior and exterior of your home. Also include a list of special features.
- You're always present at showings. Let agents handle your showings. Buyers don't want to have the seller lurking over their shoulder during showings.
- You haven't cleaned your home thoroughly. Before you list your home, clean your home from top to bottom, including the carpeting and windows.
- Your home is too cluttered. Even if your home is clean, clutter can be an issue. Too much furniture can make your house feel smaller than it is.
- Your home is in need of too many repairs.The more repairs that are needed, the less likely a buyer will want your house.
- You chose the wrong real estate agent. In my opinion, choosing the right real estate agent is simply the most important decision you make. A good REALTOR® makes all the difference in selling your home within a reasonable time!
One of the best ways to avoid making these common mistakes is by working with a seasoned REALTOR®. Let’s get together to establish a game plan that yields a quick sale at the highest obtainable price!
Reprint from Elk River Star News & Anoka County Shopper, "Real Estate News by Stephanie Danielson" 11/25/17 issue
564 Dodge Ave. Suite A ~ Elk River, MN 55330 ~ 763-633-3535
Click HERE to visit us on Facebook
Selling Your Home? Click HERE to Schedule a Free Market Analysis
Thinking of Renting Out Your Home? Click HERE to Schedule a Free Rental Analysis
OUR SPECIALTIES: Residential & Commercial Seller and Buyer Services, Property Management & Residential Rentals, Residential and Commercial Investment Property Specialists, Listing & Marketing Specialists, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Experts), Short Sale Specialists, REO/Bank Owned Sales. Golf course properties, water front properties, acreage & hobby farms, vacant land, condos & townhomes, industrial/manufacturing/retail properties, association maintained properties, senior housing, luxury homes, vacation & secondary housing.
Serving the following Minneapolis Cities & Suburbs: Elk River MN, Zimmerman MN, Big Lake MN, Rogers MN, Otsego MN, St. Michael MN, Albertville MN, Princeton MN, Ramsey MN, Anoka MN, Nowthen MN, Monticello MN, Oak Grove MN, Burns Township MN, Champlin MN, Dayton MN, Hanover MN, Coon Rapids MN, Blaine MN, Fridley MN, St. Francis MN, Livonia Township, Andover MN, Becker MN, Baldwin Township, Orrock Township, Plymouth MN, Maple Grove MN, Osseo MN.
Serving the following Minnesota Counties: Sherburne, Anoka, Wright, Hennepin and portions of Mille Lacs and Isanti Counties