Important Tips for a Buyer's Final Walk Through:
The final walk-through is a very important event and gives the home buyer an opportunity to inspect the home they are buying, right before the closing.
During the walk-through, buyers can determine if the repair work they requested in the sales agreement has been completed. They can also confirm that the condition of the property has not deteriorated since last seen.
The walk-through takes place right before closing, so it’s easy for excited home buyers to skip taking another careful look at the property. However, being thorough during this final task can save buyers from unexpected headaches and expense.
Review these tips to ensure you are purchasing a sound home!
- Set aside 30 to 60 minutes for the walk-through and conduct it as close to the final closing as possible.
- Take your contract with you to confirm that items seller agreed to fix have been repaired and items seller agreed to leave are still in the home.
- Starting inside, open and close windows and doors and check that all latches and locks work.
- Test heating and air conditioning systems.
- Confirm all appliances are in working order.
- Test all light switches and electric outlets.
- Test smoke detectors.
- Check that faucets & other plumbing fixtures work and there are no signs of leaks.
- Flush toilets.
- Confirm tubs, showers and sinks drain promptly.
- Check exterior of home for signs of damage to doors, windows, screens, siding and roof.
- Confirm all landscaping that was present at inspection is still in place.
- Confirm all items included in sale are present and in working order.
Print our expanded item-by-item checklist: Final Walk Thru Checklist
If you are thinking of buying, selling, renting your home, or leasing real estate this year we’d love to hear from you! Working with the experienced Realtors at Acuity Group will boost your profits!
Ready to Buy a Home? Click HERE to Get Started!
Acuity Group Real Estate Professionals
564 Dodge Ave Suite A
Elk River MN 55330
OUR SPECIALTIES: Residential & Commercial Seller and Buyer Services, Property Management & Residential Rentals, Residential and Commercial Investment Property Specialists, Listing & Marketing Specialists, CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Experts), Short Sale Specialists, REO/Bank Owned Sales. Golf course properties, water front properties, acreage & hobby farms, vacant land, condos & townhomes, industrial/manufacturing/retail properties, association maintained properties, senior housing, luxury homes, vacation & secondary housing.
Serving the following Minnesota Counties: Sherburne, Anoka, Wright, Hennepin and portions of Isanti County